MAISON DU TOURISME DE LA REGION DE MONS
- MAPS: Google Maps
Prestigious collections of works of art are housed in the several museums of the city like for example the Museum of Fine Arts and the Museum of Decorative Arts.
Re-examined, the mining past has inspired new projects ;
The impressive domain of the Grand Hornu houses the Mac's, Museum of Contemporary Arts while the Scientific Adventure Park (PASS), in Frameries, reconciles science.
Next to Mons, the Haut-Pays, a land of picturesque villages, seduces the walker by its walks and regional products.
The Land of Mons, Art and Science
The Land of Mons offers a remarkable cultural heritage.
Mons, dominated by its belfry, is an artistic, cultural and traditional city.
The Gothic harmony of its Grand Place, its splendid Town Hall, the old houses, turns this city into a nice spot to sit at the table for a drink and to savour the local beers.
Don't miss the visit to the Collegiate Church of St. Waudru, which conserves one of the most beautiful religious silversmith's collections of Belgium. Every year, it is the scene of the traditional procession of the Golden Carriage, which accompanies the festivities of the Doudou.
Towns that are part of this tourism house:
- BERNISSART - BERNISSART, BLATON, HARCHIES, POMMEROEUL, VILLE-POMMEROEUL
- BOUSSU - BOUSSU, HORNU
- COLFONTAINE - WARQUIGNIES, COLFONTAINE, WASMES, PATURAGES
- DOUR - DOUR, ELOUGES, BLAUGIES, WIHERIES
- FRAMERIES - FRAMERIES, NOIRCHAIN, LA BOUVERIE, SARS-LA-BRUYERE, EUGIES
- HENSIES - HENSIES, THULIN, HAININ, MONTROEUL-SUR-HAINE
- HONNELLES - ANGREAU, FAYT-LE-FRANC, ERQUENNES, ATHIS, MONTIGNIES-SUR-ROC, ONNEZIES, AUTREPPE, ROISIN, ANGRE, MARCHIPONT, HONNELLES
- JURBISE - JURBISE, HERCHIES, ERBAUT, MASNUY-SAINT-PIERRE, ERBISOEUL, MASNUY-SAINT-JEAN
- LENS - LENS, BAUFFE, LOMBISE, CAMBRON-SAINT-VINCENT, MONTIGNIES-LEZ-LENS
- MONS - OBOURG, SAINT-DENIS, MONS, GHLIN, JEMAPPES, NIMY, MAISIERES, HAVRE, NOUVELLES, HYON, MESVIN, HARVENG, HARMIGNIES, CIPLY, SAINT-SYMPHORIEN, VILLERS-SAINT-GHISLAIN, SPIENNES, CUESMES, FLENU, SHAPE - BELGIE
- QUAREGNON - QUAREGNON, WASMUEL
- QUEVY - GENLY, BOUGNIES, ASQUILLIES, QUEVY-LE-PETIT, QUEVY-LE-GRAND, AULNOIS, BLAREGNIES, GOEGNIES-CHAUSSEE, GIVRY, HAVAY, QUEVY
- QUIEVRAIN - AUDREGNIES, QUIEVRAIN, BAISIEUX
- SAINT-GHISLAIN - TERTRE, SAINT-GHISLAIN, BAUDOUR, SIRAULT, NEUFMAISON, HAUTRAGE, VILLEROT