Bibliotheca Wittockiana - Bookbinding and Book Arts Museum
Rue du Bémel 23
1150 Brussels (WOLUWE-SAINT-PIERRE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Bibliotheca Wittockiana is the only museum in the world devoted to fine bookbinding. It is a prestigious collection and exhibition in Brussels.
The Bibliotheca Wittockiana, or the Museum of Bookbinding and Book Arts, is found in the Brussels area of Woluwe-Saint-Pierre.
Founded by Michel Wittock, an industrialist and passionate book-lover, it holds one of the most beautiful and prestigious bookbinding collections in the world.
What your visit has in store
- A permanent collection comprising over 3000 fine bookbindings from the 16th to the 21st century
- Temporary exhibitions on the theme of bookbinding and book arts
The Bibliotheca Wittockiana also has...
- A unique collection of around 500 precious rattles from around the world
- A reference library and a reading room open to the public
- Guided tours which can be booked in French, English and Dutch
- A bookbinding workshop with courses in bookbinding and gilding.
Some useful information
- Tuesday to Sunday from 10am to 5pm
- Closed Mondays and bank holidays
Also closed 31 March, 1, 9, 15 & 19 May, 21 July and 15 August.
Senior citizens, students and groups: €3
Valid European youth card; €1 for students under 26.
Free entry on the first Sunday of each month.