SELYS-LONGCHAMPS CHATEAU PARK
Rue Edmond de Sélys-Longchamps 112
- MAPS: Google Maps
Offering marvellous views and picturesque scenes, framed by the buildings, the Longchamps park is a remarkable piece of 19th century Walloon landscape gardening. It surrounds an elegant Empire style residence which was built on the site of an earlier chateau. Its initial design, by the French gardener Poidevin, was changed by the famous landscape gardener Fuchs, who gave it its present layout, simplifying the composition and opening up the lakeside walk. The park was once home to an extraordinary collection of North American trees (imported by the architect Michaux), but unfortunately there remain only a few scattered examples of the exotic horticulture of the 19th century which was once its pride.
Groups by reservation: min. 25 persons.
- tel. : +32 (0) 19 33 24 86
- fax : +32 (0) 19 58 78 53
Tourist information on the town WAREMME
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Grand Curtius - The Ardent City's Museum
- Museum of Walloon Fine Arts in Liège
- Liège Archeoforum - Ardent City Remnants & Archeological Museum
- The Liege Print and Drawings Museum
- The Mystery Discoveries of Comblain