The Puppetry Centre for the Wallonia-Brussels Federation
Rue Saint Martin 47
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Tournai Puppetry Centre invites you to discover the art of puppetry in all its forms.
The Puppetry Centre is a true hub dedicated to the research and promotion of the art of puppetry.
Located in the heart of Tournai, in a former town mansion, the Puppetry Centre brings together a collection of almost 2500 puppets, both contemporary and traditional, from around the world.
The Museum for the art of Puppetry
The museum unveils its incredible collection in its permanent exhibition which is changed every year.
The centre also offers travelling and themed exhibitions. Interactive guided tours of the exhibitions immerse you in this fascinating world.
The Puppetry Centre organises several creation and promotion events, such as support for young creators thanks to residencies, 2 festivals a year, work placements and training.
- Tuesday to Friday from 9am to 12.30pm and 2pm to 5pm.
- Tuesday to Friday from 9am to 12.30pm and 2pm to 5pm,
- Weekends and public holidays from 2pm to 6pm.
- Adults: €2.50,
- Children from 3 to 12 years: €2,
- Groups with a minimum of 10 people: €2/adult and €1.50/child.
Free entry on the first Sunday of the month.
Guided tours and activities
School groups and extracurricular groups from 10 to 20 people: €6pp.
Booking one week in advance is obligatory:
+32(0)69 88 91 40 or +32(0)495 47 39 71
The ground floor is accessible to disabled people in a wheelchair.
Guide dogs allowed.
Tourist information on the town TOURNAI
- Maurice Maeterlinck (1862-1949), A Life's Work - Exhibition in Tournai
- Arrêt sur objet - Family visits to the Musée des arts de la Marionnette
Visit our partners' webpages
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - The Red Crocodile Amphibious Bus
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- Plugstreet 14-18 Experience, the First World War Interpretation Centre
- Le Pass - The Science Adventure Park
- Bois-Du-Luc Ecomuseum