HOUSE-WORKSHOP GEO DE VLAMYNCK
Rue de la Constitution 7
1030 Brussels (SCHAERBEEK)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The workshop in the Rue de la Constitution in Schaerbeek belongs to the oldest house-workshop preserved in Brussels, after that of the Wiertz museum. The museum was built for the sculptor Jacues Philippe de Hane (sculptures of the façade of the city hall of Brussels and the Bourse (Exchange fair), as well as of the "torch that lights the world" in the hotel Métropole. From the artists that have worked in this house, we mentions Eugène Smits, a famous impressionist painter from Schaerbeek and from 1924, Géo De Vlamynck.
Visits by appointment: please contact the association "Les amis de Geo De Vlamynck": Rue Renkin 72, 1030 Brussels.
The trail "Géo De Vlamynck" consists of three parts.
1. Guided visit of the workshop.
2. The mosaic of the swimming pool "Neptunium" - Rue de Jérusalem.
3. The espace Géo De Vlamynck - Rue Renkin 72.
The trail takes places every second Sunday of the month at 2.30 pm at the Halles of Schaerbeek (Rue Royale Ste Marie 22, 1030 Schaerbeek).
P.A.F.: € 7,50
Group visits on request.
Total duration: about three hours.
Access: Tram: 92, 93, 94 (stop Ste-Marie church); bus: 65, 66 (stop Chaussée de Haecht).
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 215 01 25
- website : http://www.geodevlamynck.com
Visit our partners' webpages
- Belgian Comic Strip Centre - BCSC
- Galler Chocolates Grand-Place
- BOZAR - Centre for Fine Arts in Brussels
- Le Sortilège (the Spell), an Epic Outdoor Adventure Game in Brussels
- Museums of the Far East - Royal Museums for Art and History, Brussels