Guided 1914-1918 Tours Around Ploegsteert
7782 PLOEGSTEERT (COMINES-WARNETON)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Discover the historical and remembrance sites of 1914-1918 in and around Ploegsteert in a minibus with an expert guide.
During the four years of the Great War, Ploegsteert and the neighbouring localities were the sites of bloody battles between the German and Allied forces, during which civilians were, tragically, not spared.
Visit the site of the famous 1914 Christmas truce, follow in Winston Churchill and Adolphe Hitler's footsteps as the stayed in the region, in the beautiful environment of the Ploegsteert Wood and Hill 63, close to mine craters, alongside numerous cemeteries and the British Memorial, etc.
You can even extend your visit to Messines and Armentières.
The visits, which last approximately 2 hours, can be booked every day at 9am and 2:30pm.
Languages: French, Dutch and English.
It is also possible to compose your own "à la carte" half-day or full day of visits with a guide. The visit takes place on board a vehicle with all the modern comforts.
Claude, your Commissariat Générale du Tourisme certified guide, has been passionate about the Great War for more than 30 years.
He was consultant for the Western Front Association, the British Legion and even the BBC for documentaries.
You can have complete faith in his knowledge and ability.
- Standard visit - €17pp
- Half-day visit - €45pp, special €35pp price for groups of over three people.
Included in the price: an exclusive and personalised booklet that traces the visit, a map of Ploegsteert Wood, a drink and transport in the minibus.
- Full-day visit - €90pp. Special price of €75pp for groups of over three people.
Included in the price an exclusive and personalised booklet that traces the visit, a map of Ploegsteert Wood, a light meal and a drink at lunchtime, a visit to the trenches, a drink during the afternoon stop and transport in the minibus.
- tel. : +32 (0) 56 58 84 41
- website : http://www.auberge-ploegsteert.be
Tourist information on the town COMINES-WARNETON
Visit our partners' webpages
- Laser Game at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- B.P.S. 22 SPACE FOR CONTEMPORARY CREATION
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- Archeosite® and Museum in Aubechies
- International Carnival and Mask Museum, Binche