Rue du Beffroi
- MAPS: Google Maps
From the 14th century, the Namur belfry was located in the tower of the Saint-Pierre-au-Château collegiate church.
When it burnt down in 1745, the belfry was transferred to the Saint-Jacques tower, the largest tower of the third city wall, built in 1388.
By the 16th century, the belfry had already been adjusted to receive the 'cloche-porte' (gate-bell) announcing the opening and closing of the city gates.
At just over 20 metres high, the Saint-Jacques tower is a remarkable testimony to 14th-century military architecture.
The belfry is a UNESCO "World Heritage of Humanity" site.
Guided tours are available for groups (combined with a tour of the surrounding area).
Duration: 2 hours.
Languages: French, Dutch, English.
Please book two weeks in advance by calling Mr. Jean Laffineur (Association des guides touristiques namurois) on +32 (0)84 21 04 60.
Tourist information on the town NAMUR
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Domaine of the Caves of Han - Wildlife Reserve
- The Domain of the Caves of Han
- CAVE OF LORETTE - ROCHEFORT
- LES FERMES DU BONHEUR
- Du Bocq Brewery