Mons Belfry, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Square du Château
- MAPS: Google Maps
This proud symbol of Mons' identity, affectionately known as "el catiau", was erected in the 17th century after the bell tower collapsed in 1661.
This 87-metre-high tower is the only Baroque belfry in Belgium and has a classic decor. The walls are made of Bray sandstone, while the embellishments, including the pillars and supporting pilasters, are of blue stone.
The belfry is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Guided outdoor visit only available on written request to the Tourist Office, Grand-Place 22, 7000 Mons. Tel. +32 (0)65 33 55 80 - Fax: (0)65 35 63 36.
Car park for cars and buses nearby on Square Roosevelt.
Tourist information on the town MONS
Visit our partners' webpages
- Royal Museum of Mariemont
- Ronquières Inclined Plane
- International Carnival and Mask Museum, Binche
- The Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation's Archive Centre
- Archeosite® and Museum in Aubechies