CITY GARDENS OF THE HISTORICAL CENTRE OF MONS
Office du Tourisme de la Ville de Mons
Grand Place 22
- MAPS: Google Maps
The historical centre of Mons has numerous wooded green areas. When you leave from the tourist pavilion on the Place Léopold you will successively discover the Square Franklin Roosevelt, the Square Saint-Germain with its stately chestnut tree and voluntaries' fountain from 1830, the the castle park, which was created in 1869 on the site of the former count's castle, the inner garden of the Hôtel de Graty (with its rose garden), the Place du Parkc from 1821 in an area with 17th and 18th century heritage and commemorative monuments. You end up at the garden of Le Mayeur of the city hall, which was already known in the 16th century, with the 'Ropieur' fountain, representing the local mischievous kid.
Guided visit on written request at the Tourist Office, Grand-Place 22, 7000 Mons. Tel.: +32 (0)65/33 55 80 - Fax: +32 (0)65/35 63 36.
Tourist information on the town MONS
Visit our partners' webpages
- B.P.S. 22 SPACE FOR CONTEMPORARY CREATION
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- The Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation's Archive Centre
- Archeosite® and Museum in Aubechies
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - The Red Crocodile Amphibious Bus