NATIONAL BOTANIC GARDEN OF BELGIUM
Domaine de Bouchout - Domein van Bouchout
- MAPS: Google Maps
The 92 acres park contains the historic Castle of Bouchout, with its square 14th century tower. The castle houses an exhibition room and the conference rooms of the National Botanic Garden. The Park, with its age-old trees, ponds and broad lawns, offers numerous walks. The National Botanic Garden owns one of the largest collections and the Plant Palace. Endless promenade walks lead you through exquisite open-air collections of medicinal plants, herbaceous plants, shrubs, trees, and conifers. Another world is revealed in the Plant Palace, an enormous glasshouse covering 2,5 acres with more than 10,000 plant species, an ideal location to introduce you to unusual tropical and subtropical plants from America, Africa, Asia, New Zealand and Australia.
Closed on 1/1 and 25/12.
Situated in the Boechout Domain, along the A12 Brussels-Boom-Antwerp main road (exit Meise).
Guided tours on request.
Duration of the visit: 2h00.
Cafeteria and restaurant during the summer.
Bus: 250, 251.
Free entry for children under 12 years of age.
Tourist information on the town MEISE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Aqualibi Waterpark, a sensational waterpark a stone's throw from Brussels
- Villers-la-Ville Abbey, one of Europe's most beautiful architectural sites
- La Fonderie - Brussels Museum of Industry and Labour
- Horta-Lambeaux Pavilion - The Temple of Human Passions
- Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences in Brussels