LA BOVERIE PARK
Rue du Parc
- MAPS: Google Maps
Situated at the confluence of the Meuse and the Dérivation, this place has provided a nice green setting since the 14th century. The park and acclimatisation garden were created during the 2nd half of the 19th century. The public park alongside the Meuse was modified in 1874 by G. Blonden, who replaced the little buildings around the site (shelters, restaurant, animal cages) with lawns planted with trees. The park was chosen as the site for the Universal Exhibition of 1905, when the Palais des Beaux-Arts, now the Museum for Modern and Contemporary Art, was built. It houses the print room. The north-western part has retained its parkland aspect. The south-west part was transformed into a traditional garden. Its principal attractions are the pergola and the rose garden.
Open all year round.
Access: Boulevard d'Avroy, Kennedy bridge. Follow signs for "Palais des Congrès" or "Musée d'Art moderne".
Guided tours on request.
Tourist information on the town LIEGE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Reinhardstein Château in Metternich
- Liège Archeoforum - Ardent City Remnants & Archeological Museum
- Museum of Walloon Fine Arts in Liège
- Plopsa Coo - The Theme Park in the Belgian Ardennes
- The Mystery Discoveries of Comblain