PONDS OF IXELLES
1050 Brussels (IXELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The ponds of Ixelles offer a unique architectural and artistic setting. They are located between the Avenues Général-de-Gaulle and Eperons-d'Or, they are an extension of the gardens of the Abbey of la Cambre. At the end of the first pond, the neoclassical façades with their triangular pediments are an original transition between the Chaussée d'Ixelles and the residential area of the ponds. On the side of the ponds, another scenery : the houses, built in 1870-1880 in an eclectic style and red bricks were designed by Victor Besme. We can also discover houses in a Flemish neo-renaissance style, art nouveau and art deco, with, as main representative, the building of the National Broadcasting Institute on the Place Flagey.
For further information click HERE - © Région de Bruxelles Capitale & LMRC asbl
Access: Bus: 37, 38, 59, 60, 71 / Tram: 81.
- website : http://www.bruxellesenvironnement.be/Templates/Particuliers/Informer.aspx?id=1830&langtype=2060
Visit our partners' webpages
- Delacre Boutique
- See and Tell in Brussels, guided city tours
- Royal Museum of the Army and Military History in Brussels
- Walibi Belgium Theme Park. With friends or family, let's all go to Walibi!
- Culturespaces - The Lion Hamlet - Visitor Centre