ABBEY OF SAINT DENIS
1190 Brussels (FOREST)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The priory was founded in 1106, near the Saint-Denis church. Thanks to its location on the road from Paris to Brussels, important people stayed there for a few hours or days before going to Brussels. In 1764 the Abbey was demolished by a heavy fire. It has never been able to get back its original beauty. It was not until 1964 that the town of Forest started to renovate the Abbey.
It consists of 4 main buildings forming a horse shoe. In the first building left from the church entrance exhibitions are organised. A bit further on you will discover the "Château".
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 376 38 79
- website : http://www.vorst.irisnet.be/site/Comm/Hist/Abfor
Visit our partners' webpages
- Delacre Boutique
- Galler Chocolates Grand-Place
- Belgian Comic Strip Centre - BCSC
- Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences in Brussels
- Villers-la-Ville Abbey, one of Europe's most beautiful architectural sites