REMEMBRANCE SITE OF THE OLD FARM OF LA KÉRITÉ
Rue de la Kérité
4540 FLONE (AMAY)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The place where the farm of la Kérité is located, is only a few kilometres from the old abbey of Flône and was undoubtedly part of the original abbey estate at the banks of the Meuse. Thanks to the abbey the land on the hills of the village of Flône was cultivated. The abbey was documented for the first time in 1277. The buildings date from the Ancien Régime and where rebuilt by the abbey in the 18th century.
The farm of la Kérité is a typical example of the quadrilateral farms which dominated the Hesbaye landscape from the Middle Ages until today.
Another original element of this remembrance site is its location on the edge of the Hesbaye and right in front of the Meuse, from where you can see the Meuse valley.
Info: Tourist Office Hesbaye et Meuse, rue Paix-Dieu, 1b - 4540 AMAY.
Tourist information on the town AMAY
Visit our partners' webpages
- Spa-Francorchamps Racetrack Museum
- Liège Archeoforum - Ardent City Remnants & Archeological Museum
- Museum of the Stavelot-Malmedy Principality
- Crystal Discovery at the Val Saint Lambert Castle
- Domaine de Palogne - Kayak, Nature and History