Visit : Nature Reserve/Area
Roches de Flémalle Nature Reserve
4400 FLEMALLE-HAUTE (FLEMALLE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
An incredibly rich nature reserve in the heart of the Liege industrial park? You're in the Roches de Flémalle nature reserve.
- The left bank of the Meuse opens its doors to you,
- A protected Nature reserve.
The nature reserve at Roches lies along the banks of the Meuse river at Flémalle. You can get there by taking the rue Houlbouse or by getting a train to the Flémalle-Haute station.
The site includes two old limestone mines, which have given rise to a unique flora.
Visitors fall under the spell of the hundreds of varieties of plants at Roches: valerian, thyme, oregano...it's a marvellous mixture of perfumes
70 species of birds, including the Peregrine Falcon, have been recorded, as well as the common wall lizard, the smooth coronella snake and an incredible variety of insects.
The Natura 2000 network
The reserve is part of the Natura 2000 network in Wallonia, a European network of natural sites and semi-natural sites that have great heritage value in terms of their flora and fauna.
The site is permanently open to hikers but only on the paths.
Within the Liege industrial zone, lies a hidden marvel: the Roches nature reserve.
- tel. : +32 (0) 4 233 67 87
- website : http://www.natagora.be
Tourist information on the town FLEMALLE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Wild World Safari in Aywaille
- The Mystery Discoveries of Comblain
- Guillaume Apollinaire Museum
- Crystal Discovery at the Val Saint Lambert Castle
- Museum of Walloon Fine Arts in Liège