RIBBONRY CENTRE OF COMINES
Rue des Arts 3
7780 COMINES (COMINES-WARNETON)
- MAPS: Google Maps
- Opening Dates
- All year round
- Tuesday-Friday : 09:00-11:00
- Tuesday-Friday : 13:30-16:30
- Closed on public holidays
- All year round
Ever since the Middle Ages, the ribbon trade has been a very important activity in the local economy. Already in 1900 our city was considered the world's capital of ribbon.
Come and be immersed in the prestigious textile history of our city. In a renovated setting you will discover some weaving looms from the XVIIIth century until today, active on the day of the visits, which makes this a museum unique in Europe. Our enthusiastic guides who have known the life of the last ribbon makers, will explain everything to you and tell entertaining anecdotes.
Student price on request.
Guided visits in French, Dutch and English.
Duration of the visit: 90 minutes.
Guided visits for individuals: from 1 May to 1 November, on Saturday at 3 pm and on Sunday at 10.30 am.
Guided visits for individuals during the week.
Group visits all year round by reservation (price: € 3 per person (€ 1 for handicapped persons) + € 20 for the guide).
Free visits all year round from 1 January to 31 December (except on public holidays during the week). Closed on Monday.
School rates on request (educational applications at the museum).
Free of charge for children under 6 years.
Tourist information on the town COMINES-WARNETON
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation's Archive Centre
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Welcome Centre
- Plugstreet 14-18 Experience, the First World War Interpretation Centre
- B.P.S. 22 SPACE FOR CONTEMPORARY CREATION
- The Pass - The Scientific Adventure Park