LE CYGNE (THE SWAN) - N° 9 OF THE GRAND'PLACE
- MAPS: Google Maps
Rebuilt in 1698 in the Louis XIV style. As of 1720, this house became the home of the guild of butchers. Along with the Cornet house, it is the only one on the Grand'Place not to reflect the three classic architectural styles. It was in this building that Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels wrote the "Communist Party Manifesto" in 1847 and that the Belgian Workers' Party was founded in 1885.
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 513 89 40
Visit our partners' webpages
- Cauchie House
- Villers-la-Ville Abbey, one of Europe's most beautiful architectural sites
- Aqualibi Water Park, water sensational world!
- Museums of the Far East - Royal Museums for Art and History, Brussels
- Belgian Comic Strip Centre - BCSC