Colonne du Congrès - Congress Column in Brussels
Place du Congrès
- MAPS: Google Maps
Built in 1850, the work of Poelaert is surmounted by a statue representing Leopold I.
The Column commemorates the National Congress of 1831 which proclaimed the Belgian Constitution.
At the foot of the monument burns the eternal flame, homage to the Unknown Soldier of the First World War (1914-1918) and to the heroes of the 1940-1945 war.
From this place, you have an excellent view of Brussels.
Access: Bus: 29, 63 / Tram: 92, 93, 94.
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 513 89 40
Visit our partners' webpages
- Halle Gate - Royal Museums of Art and History
- Royal Museum of the Army and Military History in Brussels
- See and Tell in Brussels, guided city tours
- Mini-Europe, the EU's most beautiful monuments in miniature in Brussels
- La Fonderie - Brussels Museum of Industry and Labour