Church of St Nicolas of Brussels
Rue au Beurre 1
- MAPS: Google Maps
A chapel once dedicated by merchants to Saint Nicolas, Bishop of Myre in Turkey in the 4th century. Its foundation date is not known.
Down the years it has been plundered, bombarded and left to fall into ruin, but has never been completely destroyed.
Restored in 1954, the church was given a new look. The oldest part of the church is the chancel, dating from 1381, while the back window, Our Lady of the Assumption by Guy Chabrol, dates from the most recent restoration work in 1956.
The church cannot be visited during services.
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 513 80 22
- fax : +32 (0) 2 511 26 38
Visit our partners' webpages
- Museums of the Far East - Royal Museums for Art and History, Brussels
- Musée Oldmasters Museum, Ancient Art, Fine Arts Museum of Belgium
- Aqualibi Water Park, water sensational world!
- Galler Chocolates Grand-Place
- Halle Gate - Royal Museums of Art and History