CHURCH OF NOTRE-DAME DE LA CHAPELLE
Place de la Chapelle
- MAPS: Google Maps
Remarkable by its Romanesque and Romanesque-Gothic architecture, it is accordingly one of the most interesting churches in Belgium. One of its chapels is devoted to the memory of Pieter Breughel the Elder and his wife, Marie Coucke. In the Chapel of the Holy Sacrament, a commemorative plaque serves as a reminder that François Anneessens, the leader of the guilds who was executed for having defended our communal liberties, is buried there.
Guided visits on request: ACT (French, German and Russian), tel.: +32 (0)2/219 75 30 - CDTB (Dutch, German and English), tel.: +32 (0)2/219 68 34 - Rue du Bois Sauvage 13, 1000 Brussels - open from 9 am to 5 pm.
Visit our partners' webpages
- Villers-la-Ville Abbey, one of Europe's most beautiful architectural sites
- Waxworks Museum - Waterloo Battlefield
- Panoramic view of the Battle of Waterloo battlefield
- Zaabär Chocolates & Spices
- See and Tell in Brussels, guided city tours