Hôtel de Ville
- MAPS: Google Maps
The belfry is located in Binche's town hall, which dates back to the 14th century.
Burnt down by the French in 1554, the hall was soon restored in a Renaissance style by architect Du Broeucq.
In the 18th century, the architect Dewelz covered the building with a neoclassical façade but, after major restoration works in 1901, the town hall regained its Renaissance appearance.
A Baroque onion dome crowns the belfry. The belfry houses the carillon, which includes several 16th-century bells. The coats of arms of Charles V and his sister Mary of Hungary adorn the building.
A UNESCO "World Heritage of Humanity" site.
For more information please contact: Office du Tourisme de Binche - Hôtel de Ville, Grand-Place, 7130 Binche.
The interior of the Belfry is not accessible.
Included in the Guided tour of Binche.
Tourist information on the town BINCHE
Visit our partners' webpages
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - The Red Crocodile Amphibious Bus
- Le Pass - The Science Adventure Park
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- MUSEUM OF COUNTRY LIFE
- B.P.S. 22 SPACE FOR CONTEMPORARY CREATION