Château des Caraman-Chimay
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Château des Caraman-Chimay, today the Institut Trinité Notre-Dame, is not the first to have been built in Beaumont.
Initially, it was built by the Countess of Hainault, Richilde, in the mid 11th century. Then, in 1549, Philippe de Croÿ had a renaissance castle built.
The current Neo-Gothic style building is the result of the amalgamation of several 18th-century mansions and a new building dating from 1845.
The Château des Caraman-Chimay consists of various parts which are interconnected by the façade. A house bought in 1805 and remodelled in the Neo-Gothic style forms the central part of the château.
Some wings were added in 1845. They include, at the back, some 18th century buildings. The front overlooks Rue Basse.
The castle is not open to the public.
Tourist information on the town BEAUMONT
Visit our partners' webpages
- International Carnival and Mask Museum, Binche
- B.P.S. 22 SPACE FOR CONTEMPORARY CREATION
- Le Pass - The Science Adventure Park
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- Archeosite® and Museum in Aubechies