1150 Brussels (WOLUWE-SAINT-PIERRE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
In 1956, Charles started churning out chips and deep fried morsels in fairs around Brussels
There's only one period of year he doesn't like, and that's winter. It's decidedly less fun when temperatures go below zero. That's when Charles installs his caravan on the place Dumon. And the mayonnaise set immediately!
In 50 years, the neighbourhood has changed a great deal. Banks, perfume shops, eateries have sprung up around the chip shop, as well as a cinema.
Close to the Stockel metro station, with most of the walls covered with Tintin characters, Charlie's chip shop reminds you of a Gaul village from Asterix, surrounded by Roman garrisons. Charlix chip shop still resists the invaders.
©Original Text: Julien Thomas.
Want to know more about chip shops? Download the Top 49 Fritkots in Brussels application (created by Blablapps) to get full texts, photos, and locations of the best chip shops and a chips glossary.
The app also tells you when chip shops are open. Just what you need for your night-time snacks!
- website : http://www.top49.net
Visit our partners' webpages
- Panorama at the Battle of Waterloo battlefield
- Zaabär, the chocolate factory at the heart of Brussels
- Museums of the Far East - Royal Museums for Art and History, Brussels
- See and Tell in Brussels, guided city tours
- December 2015, Plasticarium Art & Design Museum