Château de Clerfayt
-7131 WAUDREZ (BINCHE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Waudrez is located along the Roman road between Bavay and Tongres. The village has numerous Roman ruins.
In 1653, the castle was bought by the Croix de Drumet family, Counts of Clerfayt. In 1680, Philippe de Croix built a castle which was restored in 1726 and later razed to the ground to make room for the present castle built in 1770 by François Joseph, the last descendant of the Croix family.
The estate comprises the castle and the En-Bas farmhouse. The castle is composed of the main body, which is quadrangular, and four offset wings.
The main building is covered by a Mansard roof and the wings with pavilion roofs. All the roofing is accented by skylights, most of which are crested.
Tourist information on the town BINCHE
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- Museum of Country Life in Huissignies
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region