Grange aux Pappilons (Butterfly Barn) in Virelles
Rue de l'Estrée 4a
6461 VIRELLES (CHIMAY)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Discover a marvellous butterfly greenhouse in the small village of Virelles, a stone's throw from Chimay.
The setting alone makes a visit worthwhile; a large greenhouse full of tropical plants and flowers where you can admire around 30 live species of exotic butterflies.
If you are looking for an outing for you and your children, the Grange aux Papillons is a great place to have fun and learn everything there is to know about butterflies: metamorphosis, their ecosystem or language.
Prepare your visit
From May to September from 11am to 5:30pm.
Closed on Mondays in May, June and September.
Last entry tickets can be bought up to 5pm.
Adults - €6
Children aged 3 to 18 years old - €4.
Groups of minimum 15 people:
Adults - €5
Children aged 2 to 18 years old - €3.50
Another telephone number is available for more information: +32 476/27 38 69.
Tourist information on the town CHIMAY
Visit our partners' webpages
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- Plugstreet 14-18 Experience First World War Interpretation Centre
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- The Bois du Cazier Industry Museum