Napoleon's Final Headquarters in Vieux-Genappe
Chaussée de Bruxelles 66
1472 VIEUX-GENAPPE (GENAPPE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Napoleon and his officers spent the night of 17 June 1815 at this 1757 farmhouse and formulated their plans for the battle of Waterloo there.
The province of Walloon Brabant runs this Napoleon Museum, the only one in Belgium. In 5 halls, personal souvenirs of the emperor are exhibited including weapons and objects related to the battle.
Folding camp beds, Napoleon's death mask, personal objects and numerous relics that were found on the battlefield are exhibited here.
Organise your visit
Students, seniors and groups €1.5
Children aged 6 to 12 €1
Free for children under 6
Open everyday except 1 January and 25 December.
From 1 April to 30 September, 9.30 am-6pm.
Guided tours and cafeteria with snack bar for groups only, by reservation, call +32 (0)2/384 24 24.
Seminar centre available.
Rooms for exhibitions, meetings and banquets.
Park and orchard for a Napoleonic bivouac.
Tourist information on the town GENAPPE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences in Brussels
- Horta-Lambeaux Pavilion - The Pavilion of Human Passions
- Halle Gate - Royal Museums of Art and History in Brussels
- CitySightseeing Brussels by Open Tours - the Official Brussels Tour Bus
- See and Tell in Brussels, guided city tours