Napoleon's Final Headquarters in Vieux-Genappe
Chaussée de Bruxelles 66
1472 VIEUX-GENAPPE (GENAPPE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Napoleon and his officers spent the night of 17 June 1815 at this 1757 farmhouse and made their plans for the battle of Waterloo there.
The province of Walloon Brabant runs this Napoleon Museum, the only one in Belgium. In 5 halls, personal souvenirs of the emperor are exhibited including weapons and objects related to the battle.
Open everyday except 1 January and 25 December.
Carnival and All Saints' Holidays: open from 10 am to 5 pm.
Guided tours and cafeteria with snack bar: for groups only, by appointment, call +32 (0)2/384 24 24.
Duration of the visit: 45 minutes.
Rooms for exhibitions, meetings and banquets.
Park and orchard for a Napoleonic bivouac.
Free for children under 6 years of age.
Tourist information on the town GENAPPE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Zaabär, the chocolate factory at the heart of Brussels
- Walibi Theme Park...With friends or family, let's all go to Walibi!
- Culturespaces - The Lion Hamlet - Visitor Centre
- Halle Gate - Royal Museums of Art and History
- Belgian Comic Strip Centre - BCSC