VIERVES-SUR-VIROIN - ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VILLAGES IN WALLONIA
Place Albert I
5670 VIERVES-SUR-VIROIN (VIROINVAL)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Town of Viroinval (Province of Namur)
Established in the exceptional surroundings of the nature reserve of Viroin-Hermeton, Vierves is a village on the steep hillside whose streets and alleys fall away sharply, which it is pleasure to discover ambling at random through the village, while we enjoy catching fleeting glimpses of traditional buildings of great architectural quality. The old presbytery as well as a thirty odd of the village houses of which the oldest dates back to the XVIIth century are listed as heritage of great value.
© asbl Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie
Guided tours possible.
In accordance with a French initiative, the association "Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie" created in 1994 crowns the most beautiful country sites of Wallonia with its label. Listed buildings and outstanding patrimony (in an intact environment) go hand in hand with the inhabitants' will to share their joy of living there.
Tourist information on the town VIROINVAL
Visit our partners' webpages
- Han Yesteryear, Centre for Country Life and Forgotten Crafts
- The Trois Vallées steam railway, Mariembourg and Treignes
- Walks in the Pays de Namur, guided tours of Namur and its surroundings
- Jardins d'O de Nismes, eco trip aboard an electric boat
- The Maredsous Abbey and St Joseph Visitors' Centre