Bonne Espérance Abbey
Rue Grégoire Jurion 10
7120 VELLEREILLE-LES-BRAYEUX (ESTINNES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Norbertine abbey of Bonne-Espérance, dating back to 1130, is located in a haven of greenery in Vellereille-les-Brayeux.
The visitor will be struck by the 13th-century Gothic cloisters, the 18th-century Neoclassical basilica, the refectory with 18th-century decoration, and more.
Monastic order: Premonstratensian.
The site can only be visited as part of a guided tour.
Guided tours take place at 3.30pm from Easter Sunday to the second Sunday in October.
Outside of these dates, tours can be arranged by appointment.
Tel: +32 (0)64 31 08 08, +32 (0)64 31 08 09 or mobile +32 (0)496 86 88 18 (from 6pm to 8pm or weekends)
Visitors have the opportunity to taste the abbey beer and buy snacks.
- tel. : +32 (0) 64 31 08 08
- fax : +32 (0) 64 31 08 10
- website : http://www.bonne-esperance.org
Tourist information on the town ESTINNES
Visit our partners' webpages
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region
- The Our Lady with the Rose Hospital in Lessines
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014