TOURNAI HALLE AUX DRAPS
- MAPS: Google Maps
The origin of the first hall dates back to the 13th century. Built in wood, it was blown away by a storm and rebuilt 4 years later (1610-1611) in different styles: Renaissance on the first floor, baroque gables, frontispiece with Ionic pillars,... The façade of this superb building was restored during the construction of the new Grand'Place, inaugurated in 1998.
At certain events, the inside of the Halle-aux-Draps can be visited (e.g. Halle Gourmande, Christmas market,...).
Information: Tourist Office of Tournai.
Tourist information on the town TOURNAI
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Archive Centre
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium