"LA MAISON TOURNAISIENNE", FOLKLORE MUSEUM
Réduit des Sions 32-36
- MAPS: Google Maps
Located in an authentic building from the 17th century, the Maison Tournaisienne describes all stages of daily life from birth to death. The 23 exhibition halls (1,100 m²) present rich and varied collections: old professions, printings, china, religion, military regimes, carnival, puppets, giants, medecine, pharmacy, school, fashion, societies, music, artists, scale models of ancient Tournai (relief map of Louis XIV).
2009: 1 and 2/01, 21/03, 10/04, 01/05, 14/09, 1 and 02/11, 25 and 26/12. Closed at 4 pm on 24 and 31/12.
Ticket sale ends 1/2h before the museum closes.
Bookings guided visits: +32 (0)69/22 20 45.
Other tel. (information): +32 (0)495/28 20 06.
Every first Sunday of the month: admission free for each visitor.
Children younger than 6 years: admission free.
Tourist information on the town TOURNAI
Visit our partners' webpages
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014
- Museum of Country Life in Huissignies
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Visitors' Centre