The Château du Jardin in Tongre-Notre-Dame
7951 TONGRE-NOTRE-DAME (CHIEVRES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Tongre-Notre-Dame is best known for its basilica dedicated to the Virgin Mary, but it also has some unexpected treasures, like the Château du Jardin.
Built in the mid 19th century, this Neoclassical mansion stands in the middle of extensive formally laid out grounds.
Today, the Château du Jardin is the property of an endocrinologist, Ken Strauss. He undertook the restoration of the residence with a view to holding medical seminars there.
The Château du Jardin is a Neoclassical, rectangular building. The frontage and rear external wall are two storeys high, faced with finishing plaster and surmounted by a Mansard roof bordered with a wooden cornice. The façades have large rectangular bay windows.
The castle is not open to the public.
- tel. : +32 (0) 68 28 33 47
- fax : +32 (0) 68 28 33 47
- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourist information on the town CHIEVRES
Visit our partners' webpages
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- The Historic Canal du Centre and its Hydraulic Lifts
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - The Red Crocodile Amphibious Bus
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- The Bois du Cazier Industry Museum