CASTLE OF THORICOURT
Rue de Silly 43
7830 THORICOURT (SILLY)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The attractive Château de Thoricourt stands at the far end of a courtyard lined with outbuildings. This original 18th-century building is occasionally used as a venue for cultural events. Classical concerts are given here as part of the Silly spring music festival and plays are performed (Théâtre au Vert). We know that the main seigniory belonged to the Brunquet family during the 15th century. It then passed, by marriage, to the du Fossey family before falling to the de la Marlière family. In 1768, Charles-François de la Marlière had the château built on or near the site of a former manor house of which nothing more is known.
The castle is being renovated and cannot be visited.
Tourist information on the town SILLY
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014
- Château de Louvignies - Louvignies Castle
- Le Bois du Cazier: Mining, Glass and Industry museums