Stavelot Abbey, tourism & culture space, non-profit organisation
Abbaye de Stavelot
Cour de l'Abbaye 1
- MAPS: Google Maps
Stavelot Abbey, a very old Benedictine abbey founded in 651 in the province of Liege, opens its doors to 3 extraordinary exhibitions:
- Principality of Stavelot-Malmedy Museum with a historical itinerary of the area from the 7th century until the present day.
- Spa-Francorchamps Racetrack Museum dedicated to the world's most beautiful F1 circuit.
- Guillaume Apollinaire Museum one of the most important French poets from the start of the 20th century.
Don't miss the new Wibald room, dedicated to Wibald, a 12th century abbot who led the abbey to its golden age.
And that's not all! Why not finish your visit with:
- Temporary exhibitions,
- Archaeological remains of the 11th century abbey,
- A museum shop and restaurant.
Practical tips for planning your visit
Every day from 10am to 6pm.
Closed on 1 January, 25 December and Carnival Monday and Tuesday.
Individual tickets: all-in price - €9.50 for adults, €8 for concessions.
Groups (minimum 20 people): €7 for adults, €4 per child for school groups.
Tickets give you access to all museums and temporary exhibitions.
Free admission to the archaeological site.
Free admission for children under 6.
Guided tours available for groups and individuals, booking required.
You can find more information on the Abbey's website.
Why not also discover:
- The Historical Museum of the Principality of Stavelot-Malmedy
- The Spa-Francorchamps Circuit Museum
- The Guillaume Apollinaire Museum
Tourist information on the town STAVELOT
- Educational visit for you and your children at Stavelot Abbey
- Spend an unforgettable day for two at Stavelot Abbey