Office du Tourisme de SPA asbl
Place Royale 41
- MAPS: Google Maps
In the 16th century a simple niche covered the spring flowing here. This type of well was called "pouhon" by the inhabitants. Delighted by the results of his treatment, Tsar Peter the Great had a stele placed in black marble. The current building, in the form of an octagonal kiosk dates from 1880. Your visit starts with a sampling of the pouhon water, which is extremely refreshing but has quite a ferruginous taste. In the large hall of Pouhon there is large painting by Antoine Fontaine (1894), which groups 96 famous people who stayed in Spa: Tsar Peter the Great, Offenbach, Marie-Henriette, Joseph II (Emperor of Austria), the Duke of Wellington, John Cockerill, Victor Hugo, Montaigne, etc.
Closed from September 2009 for renovations
INDICE PASSE-PARTOUT: 667324
Tourist information on the town SPA
Visit our partners' webpages
- Guillaume Apollinaire Museum
- Spa-Francorchamps Racetrack Museum
- Museum of the Stavelot-Malmedy Principality
- Modave Castle
- LA PARADA "EDUCATIONAL HORSE FARM"