Musée de la Lessive (Laundry Museum) in Spa
Rue Hanster 10
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Laundry museum offers a voyage through the history of soap, washing and the working and living conditions of the washerwomen in Spa.
This original museum is located in the Vieux Spa quarter, at the heart of this spa town and birthplace of the modern spa industry.
Your visit to the Laundry Museum
Around twenty rooms will show you how women - and sometimes men - did the laundry from ancient times right up to today.
You can admire the first wooden washing machines and discover products used before the invention of soap. You'll also see some amazing machines in operation.
Enjoy an hour of surprises and information on the daily life of our grandmothers and great-grandmothers.
- Every Sunday from 2pm to 6pm
- Easter holidays: every day from 2pm to 6pm
- July and August, every day from 2pm to 6pm
Groups and schools
Visits every day by appointment, from 9am to 12pm and from 1.30pm to 6pm.
The Laundry Museum: a surprising visit.
Tourist information on the town SPA
Visit our partners' webpages
- Mulum Museum - The Liege Light Museum
- New in Liège: Opening of La Boverie on 5 May 2016
- Lantin Fort
- Spa-Francorchamps Racetrack Museum
- Natural Centre of Botrange