MaquiStory | History of the resistance and the Second World War
Rue Saint-Marcoult 58
- MAPS: Google Maps
At the heart of the village of Saint-Malcoult, a key site of the resistance in the Second World War, you can discover the MaquiStory museum.
Set up in the village chapel, MaquiStory is a remembrance museum dedicated to the members of the resistance who fought bravely against the invader during the Second World War. MaquiStory tells their story through a scenography that focus on the human beings involved and their daily lives.
The visit can be rounded off with an educational walk that takes you through the Dominial forest of Silly, and on to beautiful landscapes and reveals to you the different stages of an allied parachuting operation during the occupation.
Visit the museum
The first Sunday of every month, from 2pm to 6pm, between May and October (excluding events).
Opens on request for groups.
Tourist information on the town SILLY
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Archive Centre
- Museum of Country Life in Huissignies
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium