Rue Royale 236
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Botanique, a composite and coherent ensemble in three styles, is built in terraces. On the lowest level, in an English style, a pond and the soft murmuring of a fountain sharply contrast with the traffic noise. Higher lies the intermediary level in Italian style, with its flowerbeds. The highest plateau, with geometrical regular plantations, was laid out in a French style. The baroque building, a work by Syus, Gineste and Meeus, is an exhibition hall and is composed of a central rotunda with a dome, framed by two wings which end in pavillions with two orangeries in masonry. In the wings, the glass roofs lean against the higher situated terrace.
Access: Metro: Botanique / Tram: 92, 93, 94 / Bus: 38, 58, 61.
- website : http://www.brussels-gardens.be
Visit our partners' webpages
- Halle Gate - Royal Museums of Art and History in Brussels
- See and Tell in Brussels, guided city tours
- Comic Strip Village in Brussels
- December 2015, Plasticarium Art & Design Museum
- Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences in Brussels