Fair and History Museum, Saint-Ghislain
Onzième Rue 1A
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Fair and History Museum, in Saint-Ghislain, invites you on a voyage through the history of fairs from the Middle Ages right up to today.
- The history museum - the study and distribution of the heritage of funfairs,
- A captivating journey into the world of the funfair.
'Au service de la Sauvegarde' - Helping to safeguard heritage
The history department brings together and stores collective memory and the heritage of Saint-Ghislain and makes it available for consultation.
There are archives, posters and products manufactured during Saint-Ghislain's industrial boom in the 19th and 20th centuries.
Discover how our grandparents celebrated
Let yourself be led through the world of funfairs by a passionate tour guide. Relive the patron saint festivals of yesterday and the fairs of today.
Have a go at the games of skill from another era, the tombolas, the flea circuses and the gypsy caravans... all steeped in music.
Come and discover or remember the fairs of the old days.
Preparing your visit
The Musée de la Foire (Fair Museum) is currently closed for renovations.
Opening times for the Musée de la Mémoire (Memory Museum)
Monday from 9am to 11am.
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday from 9am to 4pm.
Friday from 9am to 11am.
Come and stir up your memories of the fairground at the Musée de la Foire et de la Mémoire (Fair and History Museum) in Saint-Ghislain.
Tourist information on the town SAINT-GHISLAIN
Visit our partners' webpages
- Le Bois du Cazier: Mining, Glass and Industry museums
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- Ronquières Inclined Plane
- The Historic Canal du Centre and its Hydraulic Lifts