Espace Emile Verhaeren in Roisin
Rue Emile Verhaeren 23
7387 ROISIN (HONNELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Relive the memory of the Belgian poet, Emile Verhaeren with a visit to the setting of his most beautiful inspirations at the Espace Emile Verhaeren in Roisin (Honnelles).
Some information on the poet himself
Emile Verhaeren was born in Saint-Amand (in the Anvers province) on 21 May 1855 into a Bourgeois family. He studied law at the University of Louvain, but only acted in a few cases.
Just before the 20th century, the poet was renowned all over the world. He travelled across Europe holding conferences and King Albert I declared him a national poet. In 1911, he narrowly missed the Nobel Prize for Literature.
Walk in Verhaeren's footsteps
During your visit, you will also have the opportunity to follow the Emile Verhaeren path, a loop of around 4km,which leads you around the wood to the site of Caillou-qui-bique.
From the first weekend in April to the first weekend in October.
Off season openings only available by reservation: +32 476/59 82 66.
Tourist information on the town HONNELLES
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- The Our Lady with the Rose Hospital in Lessines
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut