Château de Rixensart
Rue de l'Eglise 40
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Château de Rixensart, still occupied by the princes of Merode, can be considered one of the most beautiful in castles in Belgium. The existing building partially dates back to 1631-32 and was built by Pierre-Ernest de Gavre and his daughter Françoise-Conradine de Gavre and her husband Philippe-Hipolyte Spinola, Earl of Bruay. Several famous people have lived in the magnificent lounges, rooms and apartments: Earl Félix of Merode, Minister of State Xavier de Merode, the writer Charles de Montalembert. The gardens are thought to have been inspired by one of the drawings of Le Nôtre, the renowned architect-designer of Louis XIV.
Tourist information on the town RIXENSART
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Wellington Museum in Waterloo
- Walibi Theme Park...With friends or family, let's all go to Walibi!
- Halle Gate - Royal Museums of Art and History
- Museums of the Far East - Royal Museums for Art and History, Brussels
- Laurent Gerbaud Chocolates