Château de La Hutte
7134 RESSAIX (BINCHE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
There has been a fortress on the Hutte estate, in Ressaix, since the 13th century.
The de Lattre family acquired the seigneury in 1730 and it remained in their possession until 1875. The Château de la Hutte was then bought in 1915 by Evence Narcisse, the first Baron Coppée.
In around 1920, the Baron undertook the major renovation work that was to give the castle its current form. It was sold in 1958.
After being bought in 1992, the castle was completely restored and has regained its original charm.
Nestled in the heart of a 3-hectare park, this Louis XIV style complex turns heads. The castle is a U-shaped building whose wings are flanked by a tower with projecting storeys.
The complex is painted in a very pale yellow and covered by a Mansard roof with hipped roof dormers.
The castle is not open to visitors but can be hired for receptions.
There is also a restaurant.
- tel. : +32 (0) 64 33 80 99
Tourist information on the town BINCHE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Visitors' Centre
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes