SLATE QUARRY OF RECHT
V.o.G. Schieferstollen Recht
Zum Schieferstollen 9a
4780 RECHT (SANKT VITH)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Along a trail of 800 meters long across a panoramic bridge, visitors have the opportunity to admire the enormous mines where the slate of Recht was exploited. During the guided visits you will get to know more about the geological characteristics of the mountain and the region, as well as about the dangers of working in the mine.
Last access for a visit: 4.30 pm.
Daily guided visits at 11 am and 4 pm.
Extra guided visits can be organised on request: DE, FR, NL or EN.
November to March: guided visit on request.
Duration of the visit: about 90 minutes.
Constant temperature of 7° C in the mine. We recommend you to wear solid shoes and warm clothes.
Free of charge for children younger than 4 years.
Tourist information on the town SANKT VITH
Visit our partners' webpages
- Museum of the Stavelot-Malmedy Principality
- Stavelot Abbey, tourism & culture space, non-profit organisation
- New in Liège: Opening of La Boverie on 5 May 2016
- Guillaume Apollinaire Museum
- Plopsa Coo theme park - fun and leisure for the whole family