Ragnies, one of the Most Beautiful Villages of Wallonia
Place de Ragnies
6532 RAGNIES (THUIN)
- MAPS: Google Maps
A Limestone plateau of the province of Hainaut, surrounded on the south side by Luiseul wood and by Agaises wood on the north side as well as by four impressive farmhouses.
Raignies is a peaceful village where life is good. It is of a remarkable homogeneity, most of the dwellings having been restored with respect for traditional building craft.
Guided tours possible by appointment: Mister Michel Anizé (voluntary guide) +32 (0)71/53 43 98.
The "Most beautiful Villages of Wallonia" association
Created in 1994 and inspired by a French initiative, the association "Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie" crowns the most beautiful country sites of Wallonia with its label.
Listed buildings and outstanding heritage in an preserved environment go hand in hand with the inhabitants' will to share their joy of living there.
Tourist information on the town THUIN
Visit our partners' webpages
- International Carnival and Mask Museum, Binche
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- B.P.S. 22 SPACE FOR CONTEMPORARY CREATION
- Le Bois du Cazier: Mining, Glass and Industry museums
- Espace Chimay - beer and cheese interpretation centre