MUSEUM OF HOSIERY AND OF CLOTH TRADE
Rue Paul Pastur 62
7972 QUEVAUCAMPS (BELOEIL)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Since September 1988, the old train station of Quevaucamps houses the Museum of Hosiery and of Cloth Trade. The visit starts with a documentary on the different kinds of hosiery, from knitting by hand to mechanical knitting. Objects referring to hosiery, to both rectilinear knitting and circular knitting, as well as to cloth pedlars of Quevaucamps and Stambruges and the Balotil (craftsman who used to work at home and make knitted goods) trade from 1830. You can also see the beret trade, as well as a display cabinet on its history.
Closed on Sundays, public holidays and during the annual holiday of July-August, from 24/07 to 16/08/2006.
Groups (at least 20 people) on request, except annual holidays, please contact Mrs Ballant-Dulieu, 7 Rue de Schotten, 7972 Quevaucamps, +32 (0)69/57 79 46 or +32 (0)497/18 31 30.
ASPB office +32 (0)69/87 58 55 (opening days of the museum).
Tourist office: +32 (0)69/68 95 16.
Audiovisual screening. Duration: 20 min.
Tourist information on the town BELOEIL
Visit our partners' webpages
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014
- Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Archive Centre
- The Our Lady with the Rose Hospital in Lessines