CASTLE OF BIEZ
Rue de Lannoy 145
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Château du Biez became the property of the Quinghien family through marriage in the early 14th century. During the 17th century, the château belonged to Baudequin, Lord of Alincourt. In 1810, Jeanne-Catherine Ducroix, wife of Philibert Paris, the last Lord of Chercq, bought the château. Their son, Henri Paris, became the first Burgomaster of Pecq in 1831. He died in 1885 having bequeathed the château to a member of his family. In 1886, the château was completely restored. The original layout of the château was square and it was built from rough stone. Today it is U-shaped and has two white stone and brick Louis XIII wings whose windows have banded rustic work surrounds.
Castle cannot be visited.
Location for receptions and seminars.
- tel. : +32 (0) 69 55 64 77
- website : http://www.du-biez-reception.com
Tourist information on the town PECQ
Visit our partners' webpages
- Museum of Country Life in Huissignies
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum