The Citadel of Namur
Route Merveilleuse 64
- MAPS: Google Maps
With 7 kilometres of underground passages, the Citadel of Namur was one of the largest fortresses in Europe.
Discover this unmissable historical site in Belgium.
The Citadel of Namur stands in a prestigious setting, stretching out over 80 acres of greenery and offers superb views across the Meuse Valley.
The Citadel Pass, 1 ticket = 3 visits
Profit fully from your visit to this Belgian heritage treasure with that Citadel Pass! The deal: 3 visits for €9pp (adult price). The pass includes:
- A ride in a tourist train with commentary
- Medieval walk (walk, exhibition "life at the castle", visit to the gardens)
- Visit the underground network and dungeons.
At the Terra Nova tourist information centre, a team of guides will welcome you and fill you up on all the information you need on activities and visits at the Citadel.
Guided visits in FR, NL and EN.
Preparing your visit
Opening times of the Terra Nova Tourist Information Centre:
- In high season (April to end of September) open every day from 10:30am to 5:30pm
- In low season: open weekends, Wednesdays and school holidays from 10am to 5pm, except 31 October for "Halloween at the Citadel".
- Yearly closure will be from 21 December to 4 January 2015
- Group visits can be done every day, by reservation.
Citadel Pass = tourist train + visit of underground levels + Medieval:
- Adults - €9
- Children under 18, seniors and teachers - €6
- Adults (15 people min.) - €6
- Children (10 children min.) and sschool groups - €5
Persons with reduced mobility.
The Terra Nova site is accessible to persons with reduced mobility.
"La Citad'In" Shuttle
Make the most of the tourist shuttle which takes you to and from the Citadel and the centre of Namur.
Stops: Gare (Train station), Place de l'Ange and Grognon.
Return ticket costs €2 per person without commentary.
Find out more
Tourist information on the town NAMUR