The Citadel of Namur
Route Merveilleuse 64
- MAPS: Google Maps
With 7 kilometres of underground passages, the Citadel of Namur was one of the largest fortresses in Europe.
Discover this unmissable historical site in Belgium.
The Citadel of Namur stands in a prestigious setting, stretching out over 80 acres of greenery and offers superb views across the Meuse Valley.
The Citadel Pass, 1 ticket = a host of activities
Visit this exceptional site in Belgium thanks to the Citadel Pass that includes:
- A ride in a tourist train
- Mediaeval walk (walk, exhibition "life at the castle", visit to the gardens)
- Visit the underground network and dungeons
- A film on 2000 years of history of this area.
Guided visits in FR, NL and EN
Useful information to prepare your visit.
Exceptional closureFollowing building work in the Terra Nova barracks, visits and guided tours will be suspended from 16 to 31 January.
Opening times of the Terra Nova Tourist Information Centre:
- In high season (April to end of September) open every day from 10:30am to 5:30pm
- In close season: open weekends, Wednesdays and school holidays from 10am to 5pm, except 31 October (Halloween at the Citadel)
- yearly closing from 22 December to 4 January 2015
- groups every day, by reservation.
Citadel Pass = tourist train + visit of underground levels + Medieval:
- Adults - €9
- Children under 18, seniors and teachers - €6
Choose 1 visit:
- Adults - €5
- Children under 18, seniors and teachers - €4
- Free for children under 4.
Persons with reduced mobility.
The Terra Nova site is accessible to persons with reduced mobility.
Shuttle "La Citad'In"
Make the most of the tourist shuttle which takes you to and from the Citadel and the centre of Namur.
Stops: Gare (Train station), Place de l'Ange and Grognon.
Return ticket costs €2 per person without commentary or €3 per person with commentary.
Find out more
Tourist information on the town NAMUR