MUSEUM RUE ETIENNE LENOIR
Maison de la Lorraine Belge
6750 MUSSY-LA-VILLE (MUSSON)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Museum dedicated to four renowned figures:
- Etienne Lenoir (born in 1822); he filed 80 patents, one of which the famous internal combustion engine fuelled by coal gas.
- Michel-Justin Duvigneaud (born in 1810): inventor of the fountain pen, among others.
- The abbot Vital Alexandre (born in 1868): Priest in Robelmont and in Mussy-la-Ville. In august 1914 he faced the invader who had gathered a group of villagers on the Grand Place to shoot them. He traded his life for that of his parishioners. He was killed two days later.
- Joseph Goffinet (born in 1881): agricultural engineer. He was an activist for the "Unions professionnelles", in favour of agriculture.
Visits only by appointment.
Extra phone number: 063/67 77 14.
Visit to the museum, film showing and aperitif: € 2,50.
Admission free for children younger than 15 years.
- tel. : +32 (0) 63 67 77 18
Tourist information on the town MUSSON
Visit our partners' webpages
- Bouillon Fortress, its exhibition and its Birds of Prey Show
- The Game Park of La Roche-en-Ardennes
- Orval Abbey
- Durbuy Labyrinth - An extraordinary attraction in Belgium