DECANAL CHURCH OF SAINT-BARTHÉLEMY
Place Gérard Kasiers
- MAPS: Google Maps
The earliest sources referring to the parish date from 1149. The Saint-Barthélemy church in its present state dates back to the 15th and 16th century. It houses four tombstones from the Lords of Mouscron. The present organs date from 1766. It comes from another religious building and has been restored many times. In 1509, Antoine de la Barre, brought the relic of Saint-Barthelemy from Rome to the church. A part of this treasure is still kept in the church.
Guided visits only for groups.
Tape guides available at the Maison du Tourisme.
Information and reservations: Maison du Tourisme, Place Gérard Kasiers 15, 7700 Mouscron. Tel: +32 (0)56/86 03 70.
Possibility to combine with other visits in the framework of "A day in Mouscron".
Tourist information on the town MOUSCRON
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Visitors' Centre
- The Our Lady with the Rose Hospital in Lessines
- Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Archive Centre
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region
- Château de Louvignies - Louvignies Castle