THE MORESNET CALVARY
Place Arnold Franck 1
4850 MORESNET (PLOMBIERES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Calvary of Moresnet-Chapelle is a unique realisation in Europe and was inaugurated in 1902. Innumerable processions, torchlight corteges and other religious events have taken place in this idyllic setting since. 14 caves in stones recovered from lava stones contain the high relief in French stone. Stained-glass windows, mosaics, marble and exceptional structures in wrought iron give a certain characteristic to each station.
68,000 ornamental plants, including 90 exotic species, form a marvellous verdant backdrop. Many horticultural schools visit the park, which is rich in colours and botanical discoveries, particularly when the rhododendrons are in bloom. Pilgrims or single visitors will find an oasis of verdure and tranquillity there.
Open all year round, from sunrise to sunset.
Access: Liege-Aachen road to Moresnet.
- tel. : +32 (0) 87 78 61 58
Tourist information on the town PLOMBIERES
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Liege Print and Drawings Museum
- Mulum Museum - The Liege Light Museum
- New in Liège: Opening of La Boverie on 5 May 2016
- The Grand Curtius - The Ardent City's Museum
- Baugnez 44 Historical Center - Battle of the Bulge Museum