Mons Doudou Museum and Jardin du Mayeur
Jardin du Mayeur
- MAPS: Google Maps
Located in the Jardin du Mayeur, the Mons Doudou Museum invites you to discover the rich world of the Ducasse, a jewel of world heritage and Mons folklore.
Dedicated to the Ducasse de Mons, on the UNESCO list of Intangible Heritage since 2005, this museum offers you a total immersion in the legendary battle between Saint George and the dragon.
The space invites you to discover this exceptional part of Mons heritage, that is showcased through different angles: historical, anthropological, scientific, artistic, lay or religious. between reality and imaginary, it will aim to understand and promote the different aspects of this universal and multi-secular history.
A visit of the Mons Doudou Museum is also the perfect opportunity to discover the Jardin du Mayeur (Mayor's Garden), created in 1930 and housing the famous Fontaine du Ropieur (the Mischievous Boy Fountain).
Open from Tuesday to Sunday, from 10am to 6pm.
Please note: on Sunday 31 May 2015, the museum will be open (from 2pm to 6pm), to celebrate the Ducasse.
Tourist information on the town MONS
Visit our partners' webpages
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Archive Centre